Monday, October 11, 2010

No Plan, No Purpose - Result

Detail 

It was a lot of fun (and a bit of a challenge) to create something with No Plan or Purpose in mind before doing so. I started with a few of my favorite collage materials, some matte gel medium, a 16 x 20 canvas panel and an open heart. I decided to go with the flow and see what happens. Since you have all been so kind as to comment on my progress, I thought it would be interesting to show the Results to you step-by-step. Here's what I came up with . . .

Soften the background with cream and pink acrylics
Add scalloped edges and a decorative curtain. Sand.
At this point, I knew there would be a disco ball in the center.
Highlight and define with white paint and charcoal. 
I found a vintage image from a greeting card that I outlined with charcoal and burnished onto the canvas to serve as the base for my central figure. I then spent time defining and painting the figure before adding crystals and glitter to her dress, disco ball and drapes.

The Final Result  . . .
"Under the Disco Ball"
16 x 20 Canvas Panel
(you may click to enlarge)

Thanks for joining me on my journey! Let's do this again sometime . . .
Kristin xo

17 comments:

indie grrrl said...

fun fun fun!!!!!!!

sarah said...

so very sweet!....blessing...s....

Mandy said...

this is adorable....can't wait to see a these up on your wall..xxx

Jenny said...

So very sweet Kristin...sometimes it is wonderful just to jump in with no plan at all...and I just love your finished result...

Jenny x

scrapwordsmom said...

So awesome....you creative wonder, you!!!!!

Carol said...

This is darling. I have stopped by and watched what you were doing. I wondered how you were going to pull it all together..and so you have!

E Makes Art said...

OH!! I love this so much! It's so wonderful and sweet! I love the curtain, and the scalloped edge, and how on earth did you come up with the disco ball idea? I LOVE it! I hope you had fun, it sure looks like it!

xoE

Trudy said...

That turned out really pretty.

Shona Cole said...

that is a fun piece. I liked seeing your process.
shon

Amy said...

sweet as can be...love the sparkles. Cute title and love disco ball.

Carin said...

What a fun, sweet piece! I've been looking forward to seeing how it would turn out and I am so glad you shared the process. I'm always amazed by seeing how other artist make their pieces, it's like a little glimpse into their feart and soul. Anyway, fab job!

A Miraculous Meliss said...

I LOVE THIS KRISTIN! The curtains are awesome. And how sweet are those lambs? Very.

~magick~
Melissa

sweet southern inspiration said...

This is the sweetest, cutest thing I have ever seen! Well not cuter or sweeter than Kendra but you know what I mean! :)

Unknown said...

Hi Kristin!!! so sorry I am getting here so late!!!I love your work!!! you keep growing as an artist and I love each new piece....

The Illustration Project is all about getting published and getting marketing for your work....

Have you ever thought about doing some work for clients....like companies...etc....if so this project may help get you some Art Directors that may love your style and use your work.....

If you want to know more...e-mail me and we can chat more about it....

I am also starting some more projects...so keep your eyes peeled!!!

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

amazing you.
these look cool.

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

The theme 4 our Monday poetry potluck this week is 7 sins…if you could write a poem related to our theme, link to our potluck, that’s would be a bliss to us, you could simply link in a random poem to share, the pleasure is all yours.
check out us at http://jinglepoetry.blogspot.com/,
our potluck is open Sunday 8pm to Wednesday, 8am.
Hope to see you in our team this week.

SoSoBella said...

l.o.v.e. i.t.

love.
love.
love.
it!!!!!!!!!!