Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Napa Valley

The Silverado Resort, Napa

Ledson Winery, Sonoma

Regusci Winery, Napa

Regusci Winery, Napa

Entrance to Sterling Vineyards, Napa
I still didn't know where we were going for our anniversary when the plane landed in Sacramento ("Come On!" Dave said, "it's Sac-town! Our nation's capital!"), but I was so excited to learn that we were headed to Napa Valley, a place we have always wanted to go together. The husband had arranged a few days away (Kendra was at Grandma's) for wine tasting and amazing food.
We (okay, he) went golfing, to the spa (okay, that was me) and as many wineries as we could fit into our schedule. It was great to sleep in (of course I thought that it would be past 7:00 a.m. -what has happened to me!?), to spend the days in each other's company and to be reminded of why we liked each other so much in the first place . . .
It was a wonderful few days in Napa - right next to our nation's capital . . .

No comments: